Warm Up.. Why does the shape of the moon change?
Define and draw pictures for rotation, orbit, and revolution.
Draw orbits of Earth Moon and Sun.
Earth's Moon:Why one side always faces us.
Warm Up - Complete questions about lunar phase demonstration. Did the moon change shape? How much of the moon was illuminated by the sun during every phase? Why did the phases of the moon change?
Warm Up: Use flip books with neighbors, Flip and Check, Can you name the phase where the moon stops. Use "Fold Out" in Packet as reference. GRADE FLIPS
Begin Lunar Eclipse. Watch 1 minute video, Brainstorm class definition. Draw picture on Flip.
Begin Lunar Eclipse Organizer. Cut out Moon, Earth & Sun, place on organizer. Simulate process.
1.What causes a lunar eclipse? Draw it and explain how it works.
2. Compare and contrast orbit, revolution, rotate, revolve.
Begin Solar Eclipse Model. Watch video clip, explain what is happening. Brainstorm Class definition. Draw picture on flip up. Cut out Solar Eclipse Organizer, Sun, Moon, Earth. Demonstrate how they work with flashlight.
Brain Pop "Lunar & Solar Eclipse"
Video on Solar Eclipse
Collect Planet Worksheets!! Bring Scissors & Glue sticks to class today!!
Warm Up: Name that PLANET..
1. Which planet is called the Red Planet due to iron oxide present in the surface rocks?
2. Which planet has a surface of frozen nitrogen and geysers that erupt nitrogen gas?
3. Which planet has thick rings of hydrogen, helium, ammonia, methane and water?
4. Which planet has over 60 moons with high pressure gas storms creating the most notable Great Red Spot?
4. Which planet has 31 moons?
6. Which planet has ice polar caps, seasons and other evidence that water is or was once present?
7. Which planet has the atmosphere that protects the surface from meteors and the Sun's radiation?
8. Which planet is the most similar in size and mass to the Earth?
9. Which planet has no true atmosphere; surface temperatures are extreme?
READ PLANET NOTES.. Back page of packet...
Create a Model of the Solar System -
HW: Finish Model of Solar System, make sure packets are complete before class on Tuesday.
TUESDAY: Warm Up...
Outer Planets: Brainpop
Work on Study Guide
Test on Friday!!
HW: Study for TEST
WEDNESDAY: Short Day - No Science
THURSDAY: NO SCHOOL
Science TEST (Stars & Galaxies, Light, Solar System & Planets)
Next Week: Learning about the moon & Brain pop - Moon phases, Lunar phases
Solar System & Planets
Warm Up: What are the three types of stars? Describe color, temperature, life span & mass
Formation of Solar System - Packet Notes with ppt
Activity: Order steps that describe Formation of Solar System
Jeopardy - LifeCycle of a Star
Tuesday: (Bring Glue, Scissors, Rulers & Markers to Class)
Warm Up: What objects orbit the sun? Order formation of planet.
Brainpop: Solar System
Activity: Students will find information on Tables - Solar System Data
SS Tables & Answer Questions
Students will begin Solar System Model - Calculate distance from Sun
Begin Cut Outs with Pocket Data
Come Up with Acronym for Planets....
Watch youtube - Our Solar System
InClass: Cut out Planet Flip Ups... Staple into Books
Friday: Finish Flip Organizers -
Discuss interesting facts on each planet
Use Data Charts & Flip Organizers to answer questions on the Planets
Add your Weight on Each Planet to the charts
HW: Complete Planet Questions on worksheet & finish organizers if you did not gather all the information in class
How Do Scientist Work together to Solve Problems????