Warm Up: Unscramble the words related to volcanos and plate tectonics:
Share Dropbox warm ups & homework - Answer student questions and set clear expectations.
Introduce Volcanic Landforms
Class Activity: Take Notes on Volcanic Landforms.
HW: Begin Studying for Quiz: Volcanos, Landforms, and Rocks (Thursday)
In your own words, describe 3 landforms created by lava and ash and another 3 landforms created by magma.
Sample of students WU's & HW from the week of 18th to the 22nd.
Warm Up: What are igneous rocks? Name 3 different types. Use notes and available resources.
Complete Notes on Landforms, Introduce Activity for Volcanic Landforms (Get Student Sample)
1. When Lava has high viscosity and produces ash, cinders and bombs that builds up in a steep hill near the vent, what land form is created?
2. When Lava has a low viscosity and flows out gradually, what landform is created?
3. When a volcanic mountain collapses and leaves a huge hole, what landform is created?
BrainPop Rock Cycle & Rock Types
Work on Landform Dial (25 min.)
Homework: What is the "Rock Cycle?" Draw a picture of the cycle and describe how each type of rock is formed.
Warm Up.. Describe how a sill differs from a dike.
Class Activity: Notes on the rock cycle and put together Rock Cycle Pyramid
Observe more rock samples... Name that rock game...
Interactives: Rock Cycle
Homework: What processes can occur to change a sedimentary rock? Describe each process and the outcome.
Volcanos, Volcano Landforms, and Rock Cycle
Begin Basketball Challenge...
Introduce Students to the Basketball Court Challenge
Read 3.1 pgs 46 - 52 Thinking about Erosion
Describe Criteria and Constraint of new Challenge
Introduce Project Boards: One/Student - See word document Project Board Link..
Complete first two sections in class
HW: Complete first two sections on word document and place in Mrs Provance's dropbox.
1. If necessary, please re-read pages 46-49 Below On a clean sheet of paper write down the Challenge, the Criteria, and the Constraints for the Basketball Challenge. Please place this in your binder as page 2, under Learning Set 3. Be ready to share your list of criteria and constraints with the class on Thursday.
2. Erosion Walk Observation - Complete the worksheet below. In addition, please look for places where erosion should have happened but did not. Try to identify two obstacles that prevented erosion. Please list these at the bottom of the page or on the back.
3. If you have any questions about how erosion happens or does not happen, be sure to record these on the back of your observation page.