BUILD A BOAT CHALLENGE - Learning Set #1
- Warm Up: Who is a scientist & what do they do? Have you done or seen any science work?
- Share Cover & Notebook Organization
- Read DI - Science Principles & Build a Boat Challenge?
Identify Criteria & Constraints
- Warm Up - Review from yesterday
- Start the boat challenge & start Learning Set 1.1
Warm Up: Review Criteria & Constraints
Optimize design solutions...
- Read Digging In 1.2
- Hold Solution Briefings
HW: Digging In Reflection Questions ... pg 14
What do you think is the scientific principle on how the boat is designed to carry a load and float in the water?
Students read section 1.3 The Science of Boat Design. Students will learn about matter, density and buoyant force, giving them the science knowledge needed to build a better boat.
- Warm Up: Reveiw what makes a boat float/sink?
- Read in small groups
- Class discussion on reflection questions pg 22