2. Take the Heredity Quiz
3. Set up our green journal:
Write this in your journal: Mapping and Measurement: Draw a map of your location. Include a key, compass rose, measurement scale, and draw from a "birds eye view." Include any important features at your location.
4. Gather supplies: you will need your green journal, ruler, and pencil. Please bring all your stuff with you, you can leave what you want in the van.
Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwcwSZIfKlM
Watch the "Mitosis: The Amazing Cell Process that uses division to Multiply" and answer the following questions. You can submit homework in class or through email. *You will use these for your notes to study, so I highly suggest you also write out the questions so you understand what your answers are in the future. *
1. What is the two work definition of mitosis?
2. What is the name of the process that makes sperm and egg cells?
3. True or False: Mitosis makes identical cells.
4. Where is DNA located in the cell?
5. What are chromosomes made up of?
6. In the cell cycle, what is happening during interphase?
7. There are 96 chromosomes in a nucleus during interphase. Why?
8. What does PMAT stand for? Write what is happening at each step.
9. Why is mitosis important for our body? HINT: the video lists a few ways our body uses mitosis at the start of the video.
ABSENT: Please see Ms. Molina to take the Heredity Quiz. Do homework above.
Kukui, Ulu: Monday, November 3rd
Koa: Tuesday, November 5th