2. Check out the tutoring help on the science home page
2. Explain density bag lab. This is an in class assignment!
3. Do the lab.
***Add extension: On the back of the first paper draw how the bag floats in each cup of water for each bag. On the back of the second paper, draw diagrams for "Salinity affects Density", "Temperature affects Density" and "Water Layers" from the Density information page.
Helpful hints for a successful lab:
-be very gentle with the small plastic colored bags!
-have a plan for how you will test all the bags
-work as a group to gather all the information
1. Study for a "Matter Quiz" next class. Please review all material on Weebly from Oct. 15 to now.
2. Density Videos: Watch the 3 videos and answer the questions that go along with each video. This may be turned in on paper or emailed by the due date.
1. What is the definition of density?
2. What is the density of water? (include the units)
3. Explain why each of the 3 bowling balls either floated, subsurfaced, or sunk?
4. Why did the diet sodas float and the non diet soda sink? How does this relate to density?
5. If the density of water is 1 kg/cc (kilogram/cubic meter), estimate what you think the densities of the liquids BELOW and ABOVE the water are in the 7 layers.
Hawaii: Tuesday, November 12
Niihau: Tuesday, November 12
Molokai: Wednesday, November 13
Kauai: Wednesday, November 13
Lanai: Thursday, November 14
Do the homework above. Please make sure you turn in your lab report or alternative assignment ASAP.