Wednesday, Nov. 5th: Ohia (punnett squares)
Thursday, Nov. 6th: Hala, Kukui (punnett squares)
Monday, Nov. 10th: Ulu (punnett squares), Koa (After lunch-botanical gardens)
Tuesday, Nov. 11th: NO SCHOOL-VETERAN'S DAY
Wednesday, Nov. 12th: Ohia (morning-botanical gardens, Hala (after lunch-botanical gardens)
Thursday, Nov. 13th: Kukui (morning -botanical gardens), Ulu (after lunch-botanical gardens)
Monday, Nov 17th: Koa (punnett squares)
2. Take the "Mitosis Quiz." Students can use "Phases of Mitosis worksheet" when taking the quiz.
3. Learn about punnett squares by watching: How Mendel's Pea Plants Helped us Learn about Genetics
4. Fill out "Punnet Square worksheet" while watching video above and in class discussion.
5. Do "Smiley face traits" on the back of "Punnet Square Worksheet." Use the smiley face traits key.
6. Left over time? Start on homework
Complete "Genetics Webquest." Please email or turn in assignment on due date.
Watch this youtube video: Gregor Mendel Mini Biography
1. Who is Gregor Mendel? What did he do? Why is he an important person in genetics?
Go to this website- PeaSoup-Story of Mendel
2. List the seven traits that Mendel studied?
3. Why do pea plants make good test "subjects" for genetics research?
ABSENT: Complete homework above; talk to Ms. Molina to make up the "Mitosis Quiz.",
Monday, November 17th: Ohia
Tuesday, November 18th: Hala, Kukui
Wednesday, November 19th: Ulu, Koa