1. Go over homework and write in our planners.
2. Pathway to Friends activity.
3. Read The Inside story of Cell Communication and take notes.
4. Do the web interactive- Dropping Signals
5. Watch the video- The Fight or Flight Response
6. Fill out the Blank Cell Membrane diagram (see documents)
8. Watch the video- Insights into Cell Membranes
7. Rest of the time:
- Make up the Levels of Cell Organization Quiz (if needed)
-Go over quiz as a class.
- Do homework below
Title of email: "What is Science?" (This is your first quiz, please use any resources)
Using your past knowledge and what you learned today, answer the question, "What is Science?" Must be at least one paragraph and email to email@example.com. Please use proper email etiquette.
ABSENT: Please read through Mr. See's field science expectations, the nature of science pdf and do the homework above.
1. Reminder that "What is science?" homework is due to Ms. Molina's email by today at 3:30 pm.
2. Please see the graphic above of a sneak peak of what we will be learning this quarter.
3. Please don't Plagiarize. Watch this helpful youtube link -How to Avoid Plagiarism
4. Fill in the "Bill Nye-Cells Video Notes" (see the documents section) while watching this youtube link- Bill Nye The Science Guy-Cells
5. From Coffee to Carbon relative size activity.
6. Take a look at this web interactive to understand the size of a cell: Cell Size and Scale
7. Play a cell game using this link: CellCraft
Extension: Want to watch more real cell footage?! CLICK HERE for Real Cell Video Links
HOMEWORK FOR OHIA, HALA, ABSENT
Because of the hurricanes this last week, you are unable to have class together. :( I have put together homework for you to do that you missed in class because we didn't have school. It should only take you about 30-45 minutes to complete. Under the agenda, please do all the stuff that is in blue font. That would be agenda #2,3,4,6 and 7. The only thing you need to turn into me is the "Bill Nye-Cells Video Notes" It can be a hard copy you printed out or an email. I will have copies on top of my desk that you are welcome to take! Please see document section above.
DUE ON MONDAY, AUGUST 18TH AT 3:30 PM FOR EVERYONE.
PWF Boat day excursion homework
What did you learn from the boat trip today?
Why was it important for us to learn about our coral reefs?
Must be complete sentences and well-written.
Due the Friday after you go on the boat. EMAIL ONLY PLEASE