1. Collect homework: Biology and Life Science Careers Assignment and Cell Organization Picture Analogy.
2. 10 minutes to study for the "Levels of Cell Organization Quiz"
3. Take quiz and then go over answer in class.
4. Go over "Is Yeast Alive?" conclusion.
1. Watch Cell vs. Virus- A battle for your health
2. Fill out Inside a Cell Worksheet (see document below) using the web interactive: Inside a Cell
3. Play Animal, Plant and Bacteria Cell Game
1. Complete the "Journey into Cell Planning Page" (See documents above)
2. Learn about microscopes by watching this very short youtube video: How Does a Microscope work?
3. Bring a sample of something that you would like to look at under a microscope.
4. Ask your parents if you are able to make any donations for the supplies that we need for our cell models. All craft supplies are due on Sept. 4th. (Please see "Donation List for Cell Models" document above.)
ABSENT: Do all the homework above. Please see Ms. Molina to make up the "Levels of Cell Organization Quiz." Please do all the 3 steps under "computer room" on the agenda.
Tuesday, August 26: Ohia, Hala
Wednesday, August 27: Kukui, Ulu
Thursday, August 28: Koa, Ohia
-Collect "Is Yeast Alive?" worksheet and any hard copies of homework.
1. Work on "Biology and Life Science Career Poster" assignment. Please see document below.
2. Start the homework which is to play the Build an Organ Game.
1. Watch The Wacky History of Cell Theory
2. Watch Making sense of how life fits together
3. Levels of Cell Organization powerpoint and take notes. Please see document below.
4. Work on the "Cell Organization Analogy Picture" assignment. Please see document below.
1. Finish "Biology and Life Science Careers Assignments" (Please see documents)
2. Finish "Cell Organization Picture Analogy" (Please see documents)
3. Study for your first in class quiz that will include information on Is yeast alive? lab, Bill Nye- Cells, and levels of cell organization.
4. Play the Build an Organ Game.
ABSENT AND ULU
Please watch the two video links under the non computer agenda #1 and 2. Then go through the "Levels of Cell Organization powerpoint" in the documents above and take notes. Then complete the 4 homework things above in the homework section.
Wednesday, August 20th- Ohia
Thursday, August 21st-Hala Kukui
Monday, August 25th- Ulu Koa
1. Ohia, Hala, Absent: Did you do your homework from last post? Due Monday, August 18th.
2. Do the research questions #1-3 on "Is Yeast Alive?" lab worksheet. Please see the documents section. Also, see the image above for help.
3. Read the introduction in the "Is Yeast Alive?" procedures and then answer the research question and predictions.
4. Go thoroughly over the procedures as a class, then do the lab in groups.
5. Any left over time is for homework.