2. We will be doing a short Ecology pre-test. Don't worry: You don't know the answers yet. This is just to gauge what you've learned at the end of the unit. Once everyone at your table is done, send an emissary up to turn in all of your pre-tests.
3. Next, let's watch a video by one of my newest, biggest science heroes: Sam Ohu Gon III. You will be taking guided notes in class while you watch it.
4. For the second hour, you will be digging into the Holdridge Life Zones map that Mr. Ohu Gon used as evidence in his talk.
You will need to use this map of the world (zoom in!) and the decoder below to find out which Holdridge Life Zone your favorite place is. (Unless your favorite place is somewhere on Maui, in which case, you should use this map.
Finish the Holdridge Zones worksheet and turn in for a grade next class period.
Ohia: Thursday, April 2nd
Hala, Kukui: Monday, April 6th
Ulu, Koa: Tuesday, April 7th
8th grade announcements: SCIENCE HSA'S DATES
Hala: Monday, March 9th 8:50-10:45am
Koa: Tuesday, March 10th 7:50-9:45 am
Kukui: Wednesday, March 11th 7:50-9:45am
Good luck! :)
1. Let's watch a video: The Science of The Dress and read the article Baby Tortoises Born on the Galapagos Island for the First Time in a Century
2.1 hour to take the final test. When you are finished, please read a book, draw a picture, other homework or rest quietly (without talking to others.)
3. For the 2nd hour of class, we will design posters for the 6th Annual Water Conservation Poster Contest
Ulu, Hala, and Ohia will have another hour of class time to complete this. Kukui will turn in their poster to me before leaving for spring break.
To submit your poster, please paperclip your entry form to your poster. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE FRONT OF YOUR ARTWORK.
Turn in your water conservation poster and entry form to Ms. Molina
DUE DATE: Thursday, March 12th
ABSENT: PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH MS. MOLINA TO TAKE YOUR FINAL TEST IF YOU WERE ABSENT. ALL TESTS NEED TO BE MADE UP BY THURSDAY, MARCH 12TH AT 11:45PM