Geometry... Review for Wed. Geometry Test
Create 3X5 Cards for Around the world
Lesson 8-5 ( Volume & Surface Area)
Formulas to solve for area & volume
Review by playing AROUND THE WORLD
* Find the area of parallelogram given information
*Find area of a triangle given information
*Find the area of a trapezoid
*Find the area of a circle given information
*Find area of figures given dimensions
*Find volume of rectangular prisms, cylinders & cones
* Find Surface area of 3-D figures
*Label Vertices, Edges, & Faces polyhedrons
Work on Story Maps - Continue Story Maps at Home..
Describe your experience in Maui’s fragile Watersheds through Story Maps! Describe the biodiversity, water quality, and plankton life! Did you use ipads or phones to help capture the experience? What apps did you use in the last two weeks through the process? What have you learned about creating story maps?
Visit: flickr.com to find additional photos
Sign In via Learning Endeavors Account:
Remember that even if you don't see Kihei Charter Middle School, pictures of plants, etc can be used by anyone!
In class: Complete Introductory pages:
1. Maui Watersheds (Journal should include the 3 watersheds where our class visited. What do you know about the Maui watersheds? Describe your experience and the biodiversity on Maui.)
2. Poetry of outdoor experience ... (Can you incorporate your water posters????)
3. Best Photo/Entrance to Waikamoi Preserve (Journal should include some of the history of the Waikamoi Preserve and what you discovered)
- This would be a great place in your story map to add your photos from Waikamoi Preserve - Journal about your experience (What can you tell us about the biodiversity: plants, birds, water, etc? What were the most interesting things you discovered? You may need to do some research with your photos to identify specific plants, flowers, birds, water, invasive species, etc)
- This would be a great place to include your photos from Waihee Wetlands & Coastal Sand Dunes - Journal about your experience (What can you tell us about the biodiversity: plants, birds, water, etc? What were the most interesting things you discovered? You may need to do some research with your photos to identify specific plants, flowers, birds, water, invasive species, etc) Did you pick up litter and/or use the Marine App to upload data into a National Data Bank? NOTE: Mrs Getzen & Mrs Provance have books you can use to help identify plants, flowers, birds on Maui)
6. Do you want to include in your Conclusion? This is a place where you can reflect. You may want to include Thank You's to all the guides/volunteers and organizations that helped make this happen.