WARM UP... Distributive Property & LCM's.
Review... THINKING OF 2 NUMBERS
Multiply using distributive property. Practice Puzzle 3-6
Prepare Questions for around the world- Number Theory
Multiplication Facts .. Mad Minute
Homework: Y.9 Multiplying Using Distributive Property.
Warm UP... Distributive Property Backwards... Factoring out GCF's from Algebraic Expressions
Introduce Properties of Multiplication & Combining Like Terms
Inclass Lesson 3-7
HW: IXL - Y.10 Factoring Using Distributive Property/ Study for Number Theory Test
Create Menu with 5 items
Warm Up.. Continue with Combining Like Terms
Notes: Steps to combining like terms
Menu Expectations.. 5 items on the Menu - Collect 4 orders: 1 teacher or parent & 3 students. Divide the paper into two parts.... Order Form on the left/Math work on the right
- Take teacher or parent family Order: Math - multiply order by 3 (Show distributive property)
- Take family order from Student #1: Math - Change each term to subtraction.
- Create Problem #1: Teachers Order + Student #1 (Use Steps to Combine like terms that we reviewed in Class. Color all like terms, regroup, simplify.
- Take family order from Student #2: Math - Keep order
- Take family order from Student #3: Math - Alternate signs +, -, +, -
- Create Problem #2: Add Student #2 Order with Student #3 Order
Correct Homework 3-7Practice
Work on Menus... Finish Orders- Work on project in class.
Review for Number Theory Test - Make 5 cards that would be good test questions...
Number Theory Test