Bring donated items for 6th grade auction!!
Continue with Interpreting Whisker Box Plots
WS & Puzzle 9.4
Homework: IXL CC.18
Tuesday: 6th Grade Exhibition!!
Measurements and Data Continued...
More with Graphs.. Interpreting Bar and Line Graphs
No Math- Clean Classroom
Making Leis for 8th grade graduation!
Prepare for 6th Grade Auction
I-Ready End of year Testing
Auction in the afternoon
Beach Day at Kam III
Bring a note from parents if you plan to be picked up at Kam III at 11:30 am
Review Geometry Test
Introduce Data and Measurement..
Mean, Mode, Median, & Range
Continue with Data Analysis
Mean, Mode, Median & Range
Interpreting Data to find Mean Mode, Median & Range
DD.2 & DD.3
No Math: Work on Science Planetary Brochures
IXL's Pictographs, Stem & Leaf Plots
HW: IXL CC.1 & CC.3
Create your own surveys
Line Plots & Bar Graphs
IXL CC.5 & CC.8
Geometry... Review for Wed. Geometry Test
Create 3X5 Cards for Around the world
Lesson 8-5 ( Volume & Surface Area)
TUESDAY: Review for Geometry TEST - Prepare Cheat Sheet
Formulas to solve for area & volume
Review by playing AROUND THE WORLD
* Find the area of parallelogram given information
*Find area of a triangle given information
*Find the area of a trapezoid
*Find the area of a circle given information
*Find area of figures given dimensions
*Find volume of rectangular prisms, cylinders & cones
* Find Surface area of 3-D figures
*Label Vertices, Edges, & Faces polyhedrons
WEDNESDAY: GEOMETRY TEST
THURSDAY: Computer Lab
Work on Story Maps - Continue Story Maps at Home..
Describe your experience in Maui’s fragile Watersheds through Story Maps! Describe the biodiversity, water quality, and plankton life! Did you use ipads or phones to help capture the experience? What apps did you use in the last two weeks through the process? What have you learned about creating story maps?
Visit: flickr.com to find additional photos
Sign In via Learning Endeavors Account:
Remember that even if you don't see Kihei Charter Middle School, pictures of plants, etc can be used by anyone!
In class: Complete Introductory pages:
1. Maui Watersheds (Journal should include the 3 watersheds where our class visited. What do you know about the Maui watersheds? Describe your experience and the biodiversity on Maui.)
2. Poetry of outdoor experience ... (Can you incorporate your water posters????)
3. Best Photo/Entrance to Waikamoi Preserve (Journal should include some of the history of the Waikamoi Preserve and what you discovered)
6. Do you want to include in your Conclusion? This is a place where you can reflect. You may want to include Thank You's to all the guides/volunteers and organizations that helped make this happen.
FRIDAY: Introduce New Unit: Data and Graphs or get into lab to work on Story Maps.
Geometry Dictionaries Due by Wednesday
MONDAY: 6B Area of a Circle
Complete IXL S.7
TUESDAY: Field Trip - No Math
Math: 6A & 6B More on Circles
Find the Area of Circles/Introduction to Area of a trapezoid 1/2 h(b1 + b2)
In Class Lesson 13 & 14
Collect Remaining Dictionaries/Use Rubric Peer Grading
In Lab: Warm UP... IXL TBA
Lab: Story Maps & Constellations Research
Math in Mrs Getzens Room:
In class IXL BB.30 & BB.31
FRIDAY: Angles & Transversal of Parallel lines
Circles (360 degrees)
Triangles (180 degrees)
Straight lines (180 degrees)
Quadrilaterals (360 degrees)
IXL BB.7: Transversal of Parallel Lines
IXL BB.10: Find Missing Angles: