Warm Up: Geometry
Pass out Geometry Dictionary Instructions - Collect Themes from students
Passback Test - Functions & Coordinates Systems
Review finding the area of a Trapozoid
Complete Area Lab: Trapezoids, Triangles & Parallelograms
Homework: Start Google Slides (Complete Introduction Page & 2 slides)
Bring Computers if possible on Tuesdays -6B, Wednesdays & Fridays.
INCLASS ACTIVITY: Circles - What is pi ? BrainPop pi
Inclass Activity: Explore Circles, what is pi? New Vocab: Circumference, Diameter and Radius.
Formulas: C = D (diameter) x 3.14 (pi) Area of Circle = 3.14 (pi) radius squared.
Finish Worksheet: Finding Circumference, Perimeter & Area of a circle
Homework: IXL FF.10 Circles & Work on Google Slides
Area of Circles Continued... Brainpop Circles
Inclass time to work on Google Slides... By Friday the goal should be 10 slides complete.
HW: Continue to work on Geometry Dictionary.
Eliminate FF.11 from IXL homework.
What is the difference between Regular & Irregular Polygons? Brainpop
Inclass P8.2 New Vocabulary: Compose & Decompose
Inclass: Work on google slides
MathPlayGround - Computer Decides the Function
Graphing with input/Output tables - Go through Lesson 7-4
InClass: Work on P7-4
Homework: Finish Practice 7-4
Warm Up: Correct P7.4 - Collect
Review for Quiz Functions, Input/Output Tables & Graphing with tables
InClass: Scavenger Hunt - Functions & Tables
HW: Pizzaz worksheet
Thursday: Quiz - Coordinates & Function Tables
Geometry Introduction - Sample of Geometry Project (see google classroom)
Please come to school on Monday with your "Theme" you will use throughout your geometry dictionaries. Project description and rubric will be given out on 4/30. a brief description is listed below. We will work on the dictionaries at school and home for the next two weeks. You will be creating a google slide show as a geometry dictionary. It will contain 25 geometry words we will be using in class. 6 of the words need to include formulas (3 for Area & 3 for volume). Each page needs a definition, symbol and 2 pictures. One picture is a "selfie" of you and the shape. The 2nd picture should go with the theme of your dictionary. More details to come.
Homework: FF.4 & FF.5 Finding Area with parallelograms and triangles.
Monday: 6th Grade Virtual Day
Virtual DaY - Monday April 16th
Aloha Math Students - I hope you all have a great virtual day practicing for the Smarter Balance Math Test. Please complete IXL X.4 and send me a screen shot of your last practice problem in the Smarter Balance Practice Assessment before 2:30 pm.
1. Please go to alohahsap.org
2. Click on the first yellow flower: Smarter Balance
3. Click on box: Students and Families
4. Click on box: Training and Practice Tests
5. Sign in as a guest
6. Is this You? Select 6th Grade from the drop down menu, then click on YES
7. Your Test? Scroll down to the GREEN section, Click on Start 6th Grade MATH CAT Practice
......Keep clicking yes until you get to Begin Test Now......
After working for 30 minutes to an 1 hour, you can take a screen shot and exit from the practice test. Feel free to continue if you want additional practice. Follow the 4 directions below to take a screen shot of the last problem you complete. If you are using another type of computer, google how to take a screen shot. Please attach it to an email
1. Press the control key, then the Prt Sc function button on the top of your key board
2. Click on the windows icon bottom (bottom left) and open the PAINT program
3. Press Control V (this will paste your last problem in paint)
4. Go to File, Save As: Your First Name - Print Screen, Save it on your desk top so it will be easy to find.
**Lastly, email me your screen shot of the last problem and tell me 5 things you learned from practicing the math test.
I'm looking forward to getting your emails before 2:30 pm today.
Field Day- TBA
WEDNESDAY: 6th Grade SMARTER Balance Testing
THURSDAY: Warm Up...
Graph Polygons in a coordinate plane - Do Lesson 7.2 Collect Reflecting Initials ...
HW: IXL X.5
In Class Complete practice 7.2
What is a Function? Make function tables (what is the rule?)
Student Activity: Activity Lab: Functions Making function tables: input, Use rule to write equation, determine output.
Input /output tables
I hope you all have a very productive virtual day! Please feel free to email me if you have questions.
1. Please complete Monday's Warm Up in packet beginning with ( 7^2......
2.Complete IXL X.1 - Objects on a coordinate plane.
3. Click on the link below to get your virtual day graphing assignment. I hope you all remembered to bring it home over the weekend but I attached it just in case you accidently left it at school. Please make sure you put your name below Andromeda next to Page 1 in the lower right hand corner. Please use colored pencils to graph the points. Draw the shape of the constellation after you have graphed the points- refer to the diagram given. Please do not use markers, they may bleed through the paper and make it difficult to read. I would like to see a variety of colors used on your graphs.. Upon completion, please double check that you have labeled all the constellations and stars that are indicated on page 3. Bring your completed constellation graphs to class on Thursday to receive your virtual day credit.
Have a terrific day! I will check IXL X.1 at 2:30 pm.
TUESDAY: Field Day - Please come prepared to be outside in the field for the day. Wear covered toed shoes, sunscreen, hat, bring your snack, lunch & water bottle. Sack lunches will be provided for those students that purchased a lunch.
WEDNESDAY: Smarter Balance Testing - ELA
THURSDAY: Bring worksheet from virtual Monday Complete - I will collect these upon entrance.
Continue with graphing coordinate points.
HW: IXL X 2 Graphing points on a coordinate plane & X.3 Quadrants
Review Tools for Smarter Balance Testing
Access Practice Test - Practice with white boards