Buckle up and get ready for a WILD learning journey in 6th Grade!
My name is Kim Treloar and I absolutely LOVE being a teacher! It's the best job in the world. I know I shouldn't play favorites, but 6th Grade is by far my favorite to teach.
When I'm not teaching you can usually find me one of a few places - the beach, curled up with a good book, or spending time with my ohana.
Starting Middle School is a big step. Show up with an enthusiasm for learning and watch what we can do this year.
I'm looking so forward to meeting you.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. Oh, the places you'll go! (Dr. Seuss)
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
M T TH F
7:50 - 8:50 Math Math SvsL Math
8:50 - 9:50 ELA ELA SvsL ELA
9:50 -10:00 Break Break Break Break
10 - 11 Science Science Math Science
11 - 11:30 Lunch or Advisory
11:30-12 Lunch or Advisory
12-1 SocSci PE ELA SocSci
1-2 PE SS Science PE
2-2:35 Enrichment and Intervention, M T TH F only
Wednesday Schedule - early release!
7:50 - 9:20 Math
9:25 -10:55 ELA
11-12 Lunch of Advisory (each 30 minutes)
Please note, this schedule is subject to change. What we are working on will greatly determine our flow. The goal is to consistently have projects incorporate many curriculum lines. Classes outside the CORE curriculum should remain consistent (Service Learning (part of the year), PE and Music)
student as worker
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and 21st Century Skills.
Writing for a variety of purposes
• narratives that establish a point of view and experiment with a range of devices (i.e., dialogue, suspense, flashback)
• poems that experiment with poetic devices (figurative language, graphic elements) to convey a theme or impression
• reports with a narrowed focus that allows for thorough treatment
• business letters
• responses to literature
• functional pieces that complete a task or fulfill a civic responsibility
• pieces to reflect on learning and to solve problems